The Department of Industry and Resources officially opened its new Western Australian Trade and Investment Office in Seoul, South Korea on 8 July 2004.
The Seoul Office serves as a link to business partnerships for Western Australian companies and counterparts in South Korea. The office offers assistance for bilateral trade activities and also serves as an investment gateway for Western Australia.
Amongst its functions are:
- To introduce South Korean firms wishing to source overseas products, services and technologies to competent Western Australian suppliers
- To help Western Australian companies identify potential business partners for joint ventures operations in either South Korea or Western Australia
- To assist South Korean companies interested in investing in Western Australia
- To provide information on Western Australian companies, industries and the general business climate in the State
- To assist Western Australian companies to penetrate the markets via participation in trade exhibitions or trade missions and identifying local distributors
- To assist Western Australian companies in promoting their products and services through various network and linkages
- To create export opportunities for small and medium sized companies in Western Australia by providing feedback and information on market demands and requirements
- To facilitate trade and investment opportunities by providing advice on local business environment and cultural sensitivities